- 1/2 pound sliced bacon
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 large eggs
- at room temperature
- Maple syrup
- for serving
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Cook bacon until crisp. Drain and then coarsely crumble.
Plug in an electric waffle iron to preheat.
Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl; whisk together to blend.
Pour milk in a glass measuring cup and microwave for 1 minute at full power to heat slightly. Pour into medium bowl; whisk in melted butter and eggs.
Add liquid ingredients to flour mixture, whisking just until blended.
Grease waffle iron with cooking spray. Spread about 1/3 cup batter over each iron (or appropriate amount according to manufacturer's directions) and sprinkle 1/8 of bacon on top. Close waffle iron and cook until done.
Repeat with remaining batter and bacon. Serve with warm syrup if desired.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
You'll drool over this 3 cheese, bacon-wrapped baguette.
- Blue cheese
- Cheddar cheese
- 1 baguette
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Cut your cheeses into thin slices
- Slice baguette down the middle (like a sandwich)
- Layer cheddar, blue, and mozarella cheese inside the bread
- Top with sun-dried tomatoes
- Close baguette and wrap with bacon strips
- Put in oven and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees
- Slice and serve!