- 2 cups Flour
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Water (cold)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons oil or butter
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Beat the eggs lightly with the salt and pepper. Add cold water and oil and blend
Sprinkle baking powder into flour. Add flour in small amounts until a fork can just about stand upright in the dough. Add additional water as necessary. Let the dough rest for about 30 minutes.
Fill a large pot with salted water and bring to a boil.
Using a Tablespoon, scoop dough onto side of spoon until spoon is half full, slide off spoon into boiling water. Repeat with remaining dough.
After the noodles rise to the top wait about 2 to 3 minutes and then skim them off the surface with a slotted spoon and place in a colander to drain. Add a teaspoon of butter or oil if you wish.
Serve immediately as they cool quickly.
You'll also love
- Recipewe ♡ Hungarian Stuffed Cabbage 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Carolyn's Hungarian Cabbage Rolls 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Hungarian Chicken and Dumplings 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Hungarian Goulash 3.9/5 (9 Votes)
- Apple Dumplings 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Corn Meal Dumplings with Ham Hocks 4/5 (22 Votes)
- Flour dumplings 4.3/5 (15 Votes)