Apple Cinnamon Bread Pudding
MMMmmm warm and creamy Apple Ciinnamon Bread Pudding. Comfort food at it's best, sprinkled with a chocolatey surprise. Elegant enough for a brunch or after dinner dessert.
- 400g loaf of cinnamon & raisin swirl bread
- crusts trimmed
- 3 egg yolks + 1 egg
- 500 ml half & half cream
- 1 orange
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp butter or margarine
- 1 Macintosh apple
- cored and diced 1/2" cubes
- 3 tbsp chocolate chips
- 1 can apple filling (540ml)
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 45mins
Cost Average budget
In a large bowl whisk eggs, yolks, cream, spices, sugar, vanilla, zest and butter. Gently and carefully pour over bread, covering everything.
Gently push the bread down with your hands. Allowing the liquids to absorb. Cover with plastic wrap and allow to soak refrigerated for 1 1/2 hrs. or overnight (overnight will produce a wetter batter).
Bake in a preheated 325F oven for 40min. The mixture will be fully and crisp on top.
Suggested serving: sprinkle with icing sugar.
Can be served hot, room temperature or cold
Can be prepared the night before then popped into a preheated oven when needed.
You'll also love
- Yorkshire Pudding 4.4/5 (44 Votes)
- Starlight Brownie Pie with... 4.6/5 (29 Votes)
- Skor Bar 4.7/5 (57 Votes)
- Apple Strudel Bon-Bons 4.4/5 (42 Votes)
- Blueberry Duff (Boiled Blueberry... 4.3/5 (51 Votes)
- Chocolate Chip Bread Pudding 4.4/5 (36 Votes)
- Apple Falooda 4.6/5 (21 Votes)
- Apple Hash 4.7/5 (10 Votes)