- 1 cup (250 ml) of white flour
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) of oil. I use canola but you can use any fat you have. (If you use more oil your crackers will be less crispy)
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) of salt
- 1/4 (60ml) to 1/3 (80ml) cup of water
- Flax seed
- 1/3 (80ml) cup of flax seeds
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) of oregano
- Cheese and pepper
- 1/3 (80ml) cup of grated parmesan or other strong tasting hard cheese
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) of hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) of dried basil or Italian seasoning
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Mix dry ingredients (including cheese and herbs if using), add oil (hot sauce if using) and 1/4 cup of water mix and see if the dough is wet enough to kneed. If not, add water in small quantities until it is. It should be just wet enough to hold together. Kneed the dough for a couple of minutes. Then roll, with a rolling pin, so it's no thicker than 1/8 of an inch (about 30 cm). Cut into the shapes you like and either bake for about 15-20 minutes or fry until golden. Whether you are baking or frying you should turn the crackers over when one side is golden.
Dust with salt when hot and serve.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
You'll drool over this 3 cheese, bacon-wrapped baguette.
- Blue cheese
- Cheddar cheese
- 1 baguette
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Cut your cheeses into thin slices
- Slice baguette down the middle (like a sandwich)
- Layer cheddar, blue, and mozarella cheese inside the bread
- Top with sun-dried tomatoes
- Close baguette and wrap with bacon strips
- Put in oven and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees
- Slice and serve!