mamas cinnamon rolls
These are simple and easy to make and kids love them as an after school snack
- 2 cups of flour
- .5 cup of sugar
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 4 tbsp shortening
- water to mix
- 3/4 tbsp of cinnamon
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 14mins
Cost Average budget
preheat oven to 375
combine all ingredients except sugar mix well.
roll out until 1/2 inch thick. spread butter over dough, sprinkle cinnamon and sugar over the butter coating well
roll up like a jelly roll and cut. you will get between 8-10 depending how thick you cut them
bake in muffin pan for 13-15 minutes
I like to add some chocolate chips and nuts. the optionals are endless
You'll also love
- The best yeast rolls, proofed in... 4.2/5 (127 Votes)
- Algerian Bourek Chicken 4.6/5 (113 Votes)
- Pumpkin Bread 4.7/5 (72 Votes)
- Keno's Quick & Cute Carrots 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Easy as 1-2-3 Cinnamon Rolls 3.8/5 (31 Votes)
- 60 Minute Rolls 0/5 (0 Votes)
- peanut butter fudge 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Momma's Cheesecake 0/5 (0 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Sweet Apple Cinnamon Rolls
Pie crust dough
1/8 cup brown sugar
1/8 cup almond powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1. Halve an apple and slice each half finely.
2. Cut the top of a pie crust to get a straight edge.
3. Spread the brown sugar and almond powder all over the dough.
4. To get the first row, line up the apples in a straight line and cut out the section. Continue until all the dough is all used up.
5. Mix egg yellow and milk and cover each roll with the mixture.
6. If you wish, sprinkle a little extra brown sugar on top of each roll.
7. Bake in the oven for 18 min at 350° F.