The best snacks for kids - 7 recipes
If you like this, you'll definitely like: snack
Chef Tips and Tricks
These mini cherry pies are so cute, we could eat them right up!
- Apricot, diced
- Apple, diced
- Almond Flakes
- White sugar
- Brown sugar
- Baking powder
- Egg Yolk
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Roll out some dough, and then use a cup or a cookie cutter to cut the dough into circles.
- Place each circle into the cavities of a silicone muffin mould (or greased tin), and press into the bottom and along the sides.
- Pit the cherries, and throw into a pot.
- Add sugar, baking powder, and water, and simmer until it thickens to a saucy consistency.
- Use a spoon to fill each pie to 2/3 to the top.
- Optional: for a bit of variety, you can also fill the pies with apricots + brown sugar + butter, or apples + brown sugar + almond flakes.
- For the lattice crust: use a pizza slicer to cut out thin strips of dough, then lace together to form a lattice.
- Use a cup to cut the lattice into circles, then gently place on top of the uncooked pies.
- Brush with egg yolk and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake the pies at 350° F for 25 minutes, or until golden.
- Let cool for 15 minutes, then gently lift the pies out with the edge of a knife.
Top rated Snacks for kids recipes
Funky Fried Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich
The kids will love this great sandwich
- -Peanut Butter
- -Two slices of nice bread
- -Butter or margarine
- -Powdered Sugar
25 Savory Ways To Eat Waffles
Forget sweet waffles and embrace savory ones: stuffed with eggs, topped with bacon, or even made into a burger, they are completely irresistable!
Keno's Quick & Cute Carrots
Fresh carrots for Fido's enjoyment and health!
- Fresh Carrots
Play with your Food! Cute back-to-school snacks your kids will love
Whether your kids are school-aged or still at home, these cute lunch and snack ideas will keep them happy and fed!
Quick and Easy Hummus
The kids all love it! Especially Simeon, who eats it with his finger between vegetable bites :)
- 1 19oz can chickpeas
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
Monster Size Rocky Road Chocolate Chip Cookie
Sinfully rich and full of nuts, mini marshmallows and dark chocolate
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 cup each white and brown sugar (not packed)
- 2 lg. eggs
- 1 13 oz. jar of chocolate-hazelnut spread
- 1oz 90% cocoa chocolate
- melted and cooled slightly
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2cup wheat flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp each baking powder and baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup each semisweet chocolate chips
- miniature marshmallows
- chopped nuts and raisins
20 Crunchy Recipes To Make With A Bag Of Peanuts
A bag of peanuts is more than a simple ballpark treat. These 20 recipes take it from a humble crunchy snack to an incredible crunchy dish!
Ants on a dark log?
health snack for kids
- 2tbsp nutella
- chocolate chips
- 2 celery stalks
- apple chips
I used to love this as a snack when I was a kid
- 1 box wheat chex
- 1 bag corn chex
- 2 bags (20 OZ) chocolate chips
- 2 cups peanut butter
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar
mamas cinnamon rolls
These are simple and easy to make and kids love them as an after school snack
- 2 cups of flour
- .5 cup of sugar
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 4 tbsp shortening
- water to mix
- 3/4 tbsp of cinnamon