The best snacks for kids - 7 recipes
If you like this, you'll definitely like: snack
Chef Tips and Tricks
These Spanish empanadas are little hot pockets of delicious!
- 2.25 Cups of flour
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 3 Tsp. of lard
- 1/5 Cup of warm water
- 5 Tsp. of olive oil
- 1 Onion, minced
- 1/2 pound of ground beef
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 1 Tsp. of chili powder
- 1 Tsp. of cumin
- 2 Garlic cloves, diced
- 1 Can of diced tomatoes
- In a bowl, combine the flour, beaten egg, lard, warm water, and olive oil, and mix thoroughly.
- In a hot pan, pour a little olive oil and sautée the onions, until tender. Add the ground beef, salt, pepper, chili powder, cumin, garlic and diced tomatoes. Cook until beef is no longer pink, and the flavors have incorporated well.
- Roll out the empanada dough, and cut out circles with a ramekin.
- Cover a baking tray with a piece of parchment paper, and place the dough circles on top.
- Fill with meat mixture, fold in half and press with the edge of a fork. Brush with egg yolk to glaze.
- Cook at 350°F for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden.
- Remove from oven... and enjoy!
Top rated Snacks for kids recipes
Quick and Easy Hummus
The kids all love it! Especially Simeon, who eats it with his finger between vegetable bites :)
- 1 19oz can chickpeas
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
25 Savory Ways To Eat Waffles
Forget sweet waffles and embrace savory ones: stuffed with eggs, topped with bacon, or even made into a burger, they are completely irresistable!
Keno's Quick & Cute Carrots
Fresh carrots for Fido's enjoyment and health!
- Fresh Carrots
Play with your Food! Cute back-to-school snacks your kids will love
Whether your kids are school-aged or still at home, these cute lunch and snack ideas will keep them happy and fed!
Funky Fried Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich
The kids will love this great sandwich
- -Peanut Butter
- -Two slices of nice bread
- -Butter or margarine
- -Powdered Sugar
Monster Size Rocky Road Chocolate Chip Cookie
Sinfully rich and full of nuts, mini marshmallows and dark chocolate
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 cup each white and brown sugar (not packed)
- 2 lg. eggs
- 1 13 oz. jar of chocolate-hazelnut spread
- 1oz 90% cocoa chocolate, melted and cooled slightly
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2cup wheat flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp each baking powder and baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup each semisweet chocolate chips, miniature marshmallows, chopped nuts and raisins
20 Crunchy Recipes To Make With A Bag Of Peanuts
A bag of peanuts is more than a simple ballpark treat. These 20 recipes take it from a humble crunchy snack to an incredible crunchy dish!
Ants on a dark log?
health snack for kids
- 2tbsp nutella
- chocolate chips
- 2 celery stalks
- apple chips
I used to love this as a snack when I was a kid
- 1 box wheat chex
- 1 bag corn chex
- 2 bags (20 OZ) chocolate chips
- 2 cups peanut butter
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar
mamas cinnamon rolls
These are simple and easy to make and kids love them as an after school snack
- 2 cups of flour
- .5 cup of sugar
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 4 tbsp shortening
- water to mix
- 3/4 tbsp of cinnamon