Braised Chicken Wings with Oyster Sauce
- 1) Chicken wings mid-section or drumettes or 1150g;
- 2) 1 tbsp olive oil, 3-4 slices of fresh ginger, 1 green onion chopped into 2-inch lengths, 1 tbsp minced garlic;
- 3) 1.5 tbsp cooking wine, 1 tbsp sugar, 1 tbsp premium dark soy sauce, 1 tbsp light soy sauce, 2 tbsp oyster sauce, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 cup water;
- 4) 1 tsp sesame oil.
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Average budget
Wash and pat dry chicken wings. Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a non-stick sauté pan over high heat. Add chicken wings and sauté for 3-4 minutes. Add freshly sliced ginger, chopped green onion pieces and minced garlic. Stir well and sauté for another minute.
Add cooking wine and all other ingredients of Ingredient 3. Stir well and bring to a boil. Cover with lid and simmer for 15-18 minutes over medium-low heat, stir occasionally.
Remove the lid and reduce the sauce to about 1/4 over medium-high heat.
Stir in 1 tsp sesame oil, then transfer into a serving plate.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.