A wonderful old-fashioned baked bean flavor.
- 2 cups navy beans
- 1/2 pound bacon
- 1 onion finely diced
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 240mins
Cost Average budget
Soak beans overnight in cold water. Simmer the beans in the same water until tender, approximately 1 to 2 hours. Drain and reserve the liquid.
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
Arrange the beans in a 2 quart bean pot or casserole dish by placing a portion of the beans in the bottom of dish, and layering them with bacon and onion.
In a saucepan, combine molasses, salt, pepper, dry mustard, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce and brown sugar. Bring the mixture to a boil and pour over beans. Pour in just enough of the reserved bean water to cover the beans. Cover the dish with a lid or aluminum foil.
Bake for 3 to 4 hours in the preheated oven, until beans are tender. Remove the lid about halfway through cooking, and add more liquid if necessary to prevent the beans from getting too dry.
You'll also love
- Mini Homemade Cheese Pizza 4.3/5 (48 Votes)
- Cherry Tomato and Artichoke Tart 4.4/5 (43 Votes)
- Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers... 4.3/5 (54 Votes)
- Mildly Spicy Meatloaf Recipe 4.5/5 (26 Votes)
- Bloody Mary 4/5 (56 Votes)
- Mexican Beef Quinoa 4.3/5 (37 Votes)
- Black Bean White Corn Salsa 4.8/5 (25 Votes)
- Momma's sloppy joes 4.3/5 (22 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
You'll drool over this 3 cheese, bacon-wrapped baguette.
- Blue cheese
- Cheddar cheese
- 1 baguette
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Cut your cheeses into thin slices
- Slice baguette down the middle (like a sandwich)
- Layer cheddar, blue, and mozarella cheese inside the bread
- Top with sun-dried tomatoes
- Close baguette and wrap with bacon strips
- Put in oven and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees
- Slice and serve!