Grammy Morrill's Chex Mix
Grammy in NH made this for me when I was a kid. She called it Garbage cause it had so many different things in it.
Here's a recipe that runs in the family!
- 1/2 Cup butter
- 1 1/4 Tsp salt
- 1 Tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tsp onion powder
- 1/2 Tsp chili powder
- 1 Cup mixed nuts
- 4 1/2 Tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 Tsp Hot pepper sauce
- 2 Cups Corn chex
- 2 Cups Rice chex
- 4 more cups your choice of Life or Cheerios or Honeycomb
- 1 Cup Pretzels
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 60mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 250 degrees
Melt butter in microwave.
Stir spices and sauces into melted butter
Put cereal and nuts and pretzels into a deep cookie sheet and drizzle butter mixture over it. Mix until evenly coated.
Heat in oven for 1 hour stirring up every 15 minutes.
Makes approximately 10 cups.
You'll also love
- Willie's brownies 5/5 (1452 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Drop Donuts 4.1/5 (391 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Five Minute Fudge 3.9/5 (216 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Amazing Kinder Bueno Flavored Ice... 4.3/5 (180 Votes)
- Stuffed Mushrooms 3.7/5 (182 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Sex In A Pan 3.9/5 (126 Votes)
- Nana's Mac & Cheese 4.4/5 (71 Votes)
- Brussels Sprouts Salad with... 5/5 (21 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.