Great Oatmeal Bars
- 2 Eggs
- 1 C Brown Sugar
- 1 C Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1 C Butter
- 1/2 C Walnuts or Pecans or Macadamia Nuts
- 3 C Oatmeal
- 1 1/2 C Flour
- 1 C powdered sugar
- 1 Tbls melted butter
- 2 tsp milk (add more if frosting is not pourable)
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Cream together eggs, sugars, vanilla, salt, baking soda, and butter. Add nuts, oatmeal and flour and mix well.
press into lightly greased 9 X 13 pan and bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes to a golden brown. Frost while warm.
You'll also love
- Cream Cheese Frosting 4.9/5 (46 Votes)
- Cream Cheese Frosting 4.8/5 (53 Votes)
- Magically Decadent Cookie Bars 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Skor Bar 4.7/5 (57 Votes)
- Shortbread 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Fruit Dip 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Mom's Meatballs 0/5 (0 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.
Review this recipe