One-Banana Banana Bread
You only need one large ripe banana to make this moist & delicious banana bread. Fair warning: You won't be able to stop at one slice.
- 1 large very ripe banana (or two small ones)
- 1 egg with enough milk to make one cup liquid
- 1/2 cup butter/margarine
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- nuts (optional)
Level of difficulty Average
Cooking time 55mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
Add the first four ingredients to a large mixing bowl, and stir to combine. Add the sugar, baking soda and flour, and mix until there is no more visible flour, and the texture is consistent.
Grease a loaf pan with softened butter.
Pour the mixture in to your loaf pan.
Bake 55 minutes or until golden brown.
You'll know it's done when a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
You'll also love
- Sweet Bread Machine Challah 3.9/5 (125 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Chocolate Covered Raspberries 4/5 (76 Votes)
- Spiced Orange Flan with Pineapple... 4.6/5 (33 Votes)
- Brioche 4.5/5 (36 Votes)
- Walnut Crescent Cookies 3.7/5 (101 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Tomato Tart 4.4/5 (42 Votes)
- Yorkshire Pudding 4.4/5 (44 Votes)
- Cookie Cutter Eggs 4.5/5 (24 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Wondering why we've made a video how to peel a banana? Thinking you already know how it's done? Are you sure? What if we told you you've been peeling bananas the Wrong Way?! Watch the video to find out how you'll be peeling banana's from now on!