Chicken Enchiladas with Cocoa Powder
- 2-3 cups of cooked chicken breast, steak or turkey
- 1 ½ cups cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup of cream or half & half
- 1 scallion
- 3 egg whites
- Enchilada Sauce:
- 1 8oz can tomato sauce
- 2 cups water
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp chili powder
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
First prepare enchilada sauce. In a medium skillet, warm butter and oil. Add all dry ingredients, whisk in two cups of water and tomato sauce. Stir continually until sauce thickens. Adjust spices accordingly and set aside. In a second skillet, heat chicken in a quarter cup of enchilada sauce. Bring to simmer. In a mixing bowl, add eggs and half and half and beat until well blended. Heat up small skillet, spray with non-stick spray and add just enough egg mixture to coat pan. Allow to cook through, about 1-2 minutes. Repeat till all mixture is gone (you should get about 6 crepes). Inside a baking dish, place one of the egg crepes and coat with a small amount of sauce. Add chicken, a small amount of cheese and roll. When all are rolled top with remaining sauce. Sprinkle chopped scallions and cheese on top and bake at 350 for 10-15 min or until cheese melted and bubbly.
You'll also love
- Superfood CHIA breakfast pudding... 5/5 (104 Votes)
- Shredded Chicken Green Chile... 4.6/5 (31 Votes)
- Chocolate Cup Cakes 4.5/5 (40 Votes)
- Chicken Enchilada Soup 4.8/5 (20 Votes)
- Easy Sour Cream Chicken 0/5 (0 Votes)
- The Best Lemon Chicken 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Nana's Jiffy Gems 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Mexican Chicken 0/5 (0 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.