Simplistic Mexican Pasta
A very simple and easy (almost one-dish) Mexican pasta dish that even a die-hard pasta hater will enjoy!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 cups salsa
- 2 cups cooked elbows pasta
- 1 Roma tomato, diced
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed
- 1/2 cup shredded Fiesta-blend cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Average budget
Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium high heat. Add ground turkey/beef and cook until browned, making sure to crumble the beef as it cooks; drain excess fat.
Stir in tomato sauce and salsa until well combined. Add pasta, tomato, and black beans, and gently toss to combine.
Serve up and top with melted cheese and cilantro.
Recipe adapted from damndelicious.net