The best Mexican black beans recipes - 3 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
All you need is 3 main ingredients to make this Chocolate Strawberry Braid for dessert tonight!
- 7-9 medium-sized strawberries
- 1 puff pastry
- 1 chocolate bar
- 1 egg yolk
- Almond slivers
- Powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut the strawberries into halves.
- Dust some flour on a flat surface and spread your puff pastry out on top, smoothing it into a rectangle shape if necessary.
- Place the bar of chocolate in the center, then top with a layer of strawberry halves.
- Using a pizza cutter or a knife, slice the edges of the puff pastry into strips that can be wrapped over the chocolate and strawberries. Starting with the flap at the top, fold over each strip in a slightly diagonal direction so that they resemble a braid.
- Brush the braid with a beaten egg yolk so that it covers the entire visible surface.
- Sprinkle almond slivers on top.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes.
- Give the braid a few minutes to cool down, then cover with a dusting of powdered sugar.
- Serve and enjoy!
Top rated Mexican black beans recipes
Simplistic Mexican Pasta
A very simple and easy (almost one-dish) Mexican pasta dish that even a die-hard pasta hater will enjoy!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 cups salsa
- 2 cups cooked elbows pasta
- 1 Roma tomato, diced
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed
- 1/2 cup shredded Fiesta-blend cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
Black Bean White Corn Salsa
Delicious as a dip for tortilla chips or as a filling inside soft tortillas or as a relish to any Mexican meal
- 2 15oz cans of black beans-drained
- 1 C white corn-thawed
- 1 Red diced Belled pepper
- 1/8 C red wine vinegar
- 1/2 C olive oil
- 1 large clove of garlic-crushed/minced
- 1 anaheim chili-seeds removed
- 1/4 C fresh cilantro-chopped
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 avocado diced
- 1 tomato, diced
Mexican Quinoa Stuffed Peppers
I love stuffed peppers. They’re simple to make, there are so many varieties you can put together, and when do
- 2 Red Bell Peppers
- 1 Cup Cooked Quinoa
- 2 Medium-Large Garlic Clove, Minced
- 1/2 Small Onion, Minced
- 1 Teaspoon Olive Oil
- 1 Cup Chopped Tomatoes
- 1/2 Cup Black Beans, Drained & Rinsed
- 1/2 Cup Corn Kernels (frozen is fine)
- 1/4 Teaspoon Cumin
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Pepper
- Cheddar Cheese
- Chopped Green Onions, Optional