Chewy Sugar Cookies
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
- 1½ cups granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ cup granulated sugar for rolling cookies
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 10mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 350° F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or a nonstick baking mat.
Cream together butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add egg and mix until well-combined.
Stir in flour, baking powder, salt, and vanilla.
Scoop cookie dough by the tablespoon full and roll into a ball.
Add granulated sugar to a large bowl for rolling cookie dough in before baking. Place each ball of cookie dough into the bowl of granulated sugar and roll to coat well. Place cookie dough onto baking sheet, spacing about 1½-inches to 2 inches apart. Lightly press each cookie down. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
You'll also love
- Berry Blue Freeze 4.5/5 (73 Votes)
- Jeremie's Crepe Batter 4.5/5 (72 Votes)
- Potato Pancakes 3.2/5 (212 Votes)
- Tcharek M'seker Algerian sweets 4.7/5 (38 Votes)
- Sweet Crepes 4.9/5 (51 Votes)
- Chocolate Pudding Cake 4.8/5 (17 Votes)
- Brasted's Sugar Cookies 4.1/5 (30 Votes)
- Sliced Sugar Cookies 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.