Spinach and Bacon Salad
By Olga Klesch
- 110 Gram Baby spinach leaves (4 oz)
- 175 Gram Bacon
- chopped (6 oz)
- 1 Tablespoon Cider vinegar
- 50 Gram Croutons (2 oz)
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Put the spinach leaves in a bowl. Dry fry the bacon in a frying pan until crisp. Add to the spinach.
Add vinegar to the pan, stir well and pour over the salad. Toss quickly. Scatter croutons over the top and serve immediately.
To make your own croutons, take 2 slices of bread, remove the crusts and cut into 1 cm ( 1/2 inch) cubes. Fry in oil until golden then drain on absorbent paper.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Dive into summer with this fresh, light and healthy mango salad!
- 2 limes
- Olive oil
- Soy sauce
- Red onion, minced
- Lightly sautée the peanuts until golden.
- Take the carrots and cut into thin slices.
- Peel the mango and slice into thin strips.
- Squeeze the juice from 2 limes into a bowl, and add olive oil, soy sauce, minced onion, salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, toss together the mango, carrot, rocket, and lime-soy dressing.