Shanys Sweat Sugar Cookies
A sweat soft sugar cookie you don't have to roll out.
- 1 c. butter 1 c. veg. oil 1 tsp. salt 1 c. confectioners sugar
- 2 eggs 1 c. sugar 1 tsp. cream of tartar 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. baking soda 4 c. flour
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 12mins
Cost Average budget
Cream together your room temp. butter and oil.
Add salt,confectioners sugar,eggs,sugar,cream of tartar,
vanilla,and baking soda mix well.
Slowly add flour mixing and scraping sides as needed until all contents are combined.
Refrigerate several hours.
Shape into balls.Dip into sugar.Place onto a greased cookie sheet and slightly flatten with a moistened sugar coated glass.
Bake 350 for 12 min. until slightly brown.Remove from cookie sheet.
Don't over bake.
You'll also love
- Classic Pineapple Upside Down Cake 4.1/5 (9 Votes)
- Cheese Sticks Bite size 4.1/5 (9 Votes)
- Base for Banana Pudding (or Cream... 4.1/5 (9 Votes)
- Apple Pie 4.1/5 (9 Votes)
- Pickeled Eggs 4.1/5 (11 Votes)
- Sweet Row Bread – with 65°C... 4/5 (111 Votes)
- Pound Cake Cookies 4.1/5 (10 Votes)
- Cookies & Cream Freeze 4.1/5 (10 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.