Broccoli Salad with Walnuts
Prepare and toss together salad ingredients.
Whisk together dressing ingredients.
Pour dressing over salad and mix well.
Cover and refrigerate, stir occasionally to blend salad and dressing.
Let stand in fridge a few hours to overnight.
- 5 cups broccoli florets,uncooked
- ½ medium red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cup roasted, unsalted sunflower seeds*
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup old cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup Hellmans Light Mayonnaise
- 4 Tbsp. white sugar
- 3 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
- In place of or in addition to the sunflower seeds you may use any of the following:
- raisins, dried cranberries, (delicious!), chopped dried apricots, banana chips, or most any dried fruit; walnuts, pecans, almonds, peanuts and any other type of seed.
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 2mins
Cost Average budget
You'll also love
- Superfood CHIA breakfast pudding... 5/5 (104 Votes)
- Mashmallow-Filled cake 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Philadelphia Cheese Ball with... 4.8/5 (80 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Beignets with Bourbon Walnut Sauce 4.3/5 (141 Votes)
- Endive Salad with walnuts and... 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Cottage Cheese Salad 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Apple Pecan Chicken Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Salad Dressing 0/5 (0 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Dive into summer with this fresh, light and healthy mango salad!
- 2 limes
- Olive oil
- Soy sauce
- Red onion, minced
- Lightly sautée the peanuts until golden.
- Take the carrots and cut into thin slices.
- Peel the mango and slice into thin strips.
- Squeeze the juice from 2 limes into a bowl, and add olive oil, soy sauce, minced onion, salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, toss together the mango, carrot, rocket, and lime-soy dressing.