Crispy Chocolate Toffee Oatmeal Cookies
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup softened unsalted butter
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup oats - not instant oats
- 1 1/4 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 1 cup english toffee bits
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, cinnamon, baking powder, and baking soda. Combine butter and sugars in your mixing bowl. Beat until smooth. On low, add in egg and vanilla extract. Beat until combined.
Slowly add in the dry ingredients. Stir in the oats, chocolate chips, and cereal. Don't over mix. You don't want to crush the cereal too much.
Scoop dough into balls and place on a cookie sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes.
Allow to cool for a minute on the baking sheet. Move to a cooling rack.
You'll also love
- Tomato Tart 4.8/5 (55 Votes)
- Holiday Chicken Roulade with... 4.8/5 (11 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn 6 steps to chocolaty Oreo PARADISE 4.7/5 (93 Votes)
- Icebox Cookies 4.7/5 (13 Votes)
- Two Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies 4.3/5 (17 Votes)
- Banana Oat Cookies 4/5 (18 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Chocolate Snickerdoodles 4/5 (15 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Unbaked Chocolate Cookies 4/5 (43 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.
Review this recipe