This is great for a brunch or if the kids have a big sleepover.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 pound ground maple pork sausage
- 6 slices soft hearty white bread
- One 8-ounce package shredded triple Cheddar cheese
- 8 large eggs
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned pepper
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 40mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 13- by 9-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
In a large skillet, cook the sausage over medium heat, stirring frequently, until browned and crumbly, about 10 minutes; drain well on paper towels.
Cut and discard the crusts from the bread. Cut the slices in half, and arrange in a single layer in the prepared baking dish, cutting pieces to fit as necessary to cover the bottom of the dish. Sprinkle with the sausage and cheese.
In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, mustard, seasoned salt and pepper; carefully pour the mixture over the cheese.
Bake casserole until set and golden, about 40 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Easily can make ahead of time.
* if preferred you can add a lot of good things I never could because my kids didn't like it but Red bell peppers & broccoli & mushroom all are good add ons.
You'll also love
- Cinnamon Toast, the Pioneer Woman... 4.4/5 (84 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn This spiced French toast recipe... 4.6/5 (55 Votes)
- Sausage and Pasta Casserole 3.6/5 (139 Votes)
- Sausage Casserole 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Hash browns sunnyside up 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Breakfast Casserole 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Mom's Lasagna 0/5 (0 Votes)