Chocolate Covered Strawberries
This is the simplest version of chocolate covered strawberries I know.
- 16 ounces milk chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1 pound fresh strawberries with leaves
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cost Average budget
In a double boiler, melt the chocolate and shortening, stirring occasionally until smooth. Holding them by the toothpicks, dip the strawberries into the chocolate mixture.
Insert toothpicks into the tops of the strawberries.
Turn the strawberries upside down and insert the toothpick into Styrofoam for the chocolate to cool.
Nice to use as decorations for other desert plates.But these taste so good make sure that you make plenty for everyone because they sure go fast!
You'll also love
- Creme Puff Cake 4.2/5 (66 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Chocolate Covered Raspberries 4/5 (76 Votes)
- Lovers Balsamic Glazed Rack of... 4.4/5 (46 Votes)
- Strawberries and White Chocolate... 4.8/5 (70 Votes)
- Strawberry goo 4.5/5 (28 Votes)
- Turkey Bacon Crepes 4.5/5 (21 Votes)
- Fruit Gazpacho with Jam and Fresh... 4.5/5 (39 Votes)
- Christmas Treat: Chocolate Covered... 3.8/5 (21 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!