Softest dinner Rolls
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1/2 cup warm milk
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1x package active dry yeast
- Extra butter for the top
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Average budget
Place water, milk, egg, 1/3 cup butter, sugar, salt, flour and yeast in a stand mixer with Dough hook until dough is mixed well N it doesn't stick to the dish
let it rise around 1 1/2-2 hours then empty out onto a lightly floured surface.
Divide dough in to 12-15 n make into rolls put into baking dish next to each other
n brush beaten egg over all the rolls let rise again for. 30 min
bake on 170 convection oven for around 15 min wen u take it out the oven spread a little butter on each one n cover with a towel for a few min before serving ( wen it steams it makes the tops softer)
These are best served warm!
This dough can be used for pizzas and magic buns.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Try this clever trick to make the perfect zebra cake!
- 2 large water or soda bottles (empty)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Ready 2 large plastic bottles, cleaned and dried.
- Add 1 cup of flour to each bottle.
- Add 1/2 cup of sugar to each.
- Melt butter, then add equal halves to each bottle.
- Add 6 eggs, 3 in each.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of baking powder to each.
- Add 1/2 cup of heavy cream to each.
- Shake the bottles thoroughly until the contents are well mixed.
- In one of the bottles only, add the cocoa powder.
- Beginning with the cocoa powder mixture, add a dolop of batter to the center of a circular
- baking tin. Do the same with the other mixture, placing the dolop directly in the center of the previous one.
- Continue with alternating additions of each mixture until all batter is used and the tin is full.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!