This is a simple and flavorful recipe that is good for pork or poltury
- • 1 medium tart apple
- • 1/2 cup chopped onion
- • 1/4 cup chopped celery
- • 1 tablespoon butter
- • 1 package (6 ounces) stuffing mix
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
• In a large skillet, saute the apple, onion and celery in butter until tender.
Prepare stuffing mix according to package directions. Stir in apple mixture.
Proceed with your meat recipe as instructed or put into a greased/ buttered dish and bake until the top is golden and has a crisp crust.
You can also add coked sage type sausage and add to the stuffing mixture.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Sweet Apple Cinnamon Rolls
Pie crust dough
1/8 cup brown sugar
1/8 cup almond powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1. Halve an apple and slice each half finely.
2. Cut the top of a pie crust to get a straight edge.
3. Spread the brown sugar and almond powder all over the dough.
4. To get the first row, line up the apples in a straight line and cut out the section. Continue until all the dough is all used up.
5. Mix egg yellow and milk and cover each roll with the mixture.
6. If you wish, sprinkle a little extra brown sugar on top of each roll.
7. Bake in the oven for 18 min at 350° F.