- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup seedless raisins
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 3 cup butter
- 4 tbsp cream or half-and-half
- 1 2 cup broken walnuts
- 24 frozen tart shells
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Beat eggs. Combine with remaining ingredients except nuts, and boil at medium heat for 3 minutes. Add nuts.
Fill unbaked tart shells and bake for 15 minutes at 375°F. Makes filling for 24 tarts.
You'll also love
- YUM!Food Porn Chocolate Covered Raspberries 4/5 (77 Votes)
- Eclair Icebox Cake 4.1/5 (31 Votes)
- Banana Bread with Maraschino... 4/5 (24 Votes)
- Puff Pastry Apple or Pear Tart 3.9/5 (105 Votes)
- Pork Chops with Cheese and Walnuts 4.3/5 (15 Votes)
- Classic 8oz Pound Cake 4/5 (40 Votes)
- Butter Tart Filling 4/5 (10 Votes)
- Aye butter tarts 4/5 (5 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!