The Works Italian Pasta Salad
- 7 oz corkscrew macaroni or one 7 oz package tortellini
- 1 1/2 cups cubed Swiss or provolone cheese (6 oz)
- 6 oz sliced salami cut into strips
- 1 cup cauliflower florets thinly sliced
- 1 small zucchini thinly sliced (about a cup)
- 1/2 cup chopped green and/or red sweet pepper
- 1 small onion thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1/2 cup sliced pitted olives
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup snipped parsley
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup wine vinegar
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons crushed dried basil
- 1 teaspoon crushed dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 medium tomatoes cut into wedges
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 25mins
Cost Average budget
Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain pasta and rinse with cold water.
For salad, in a bowl toss together pasta, cubed cheese, salami, cauliflower, zucchini, green and/or red pepper, onion rings, olives, Parmesan cheese, and parsley.
For dressing, in a screw-top jar combine oil, vinegar, garlic, basil, oregano, and pepper. Cover and shake well. Pour over salad. Toss to coat. Cover; chill for 4 to 24 hours. To serve, add tomatoes; toss gently. Makes 6 main-dish servings or 12 side dish servings.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Do you put the pasta in without waiting for the water to boil? Add oil? Forget the salt?