Antipasto Pasta Salad
All the great Italian flavors in one delicious pasta salad
Antipasto Pasta Salad. Discover our recipe.
- •1 Pound Dry Gemelli Pasta
- •2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- •1 Medium Yellow Onion, cut in ½” dice
- •1 Large Clove Garlic, minced
- •1 Yellow Bell Pepper, cut in ½” dice
- •1 Red Bell Pepper, cut in ½” dice
- • ½ Teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- • 1 Teaspoon Herbes de Provence
- • 1 (14 Ounce) Jar or Can Artichoke Hearts, not marinated, cut in quarters
- • 4 Ounces Kalamata Olives, pitted and cut in half
- • ½ Cup Mayonnaise
- • Kosher Salt
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Average budget
Step 1. Bring 4 quarts of generously salted water to boil over medium-high heat. Add the Gemelli and cook, stirring occasionally, for 8 minutes. Drain, rinse under cold running water and let cool.
Step 2. While the Pasta is cooking, sauté the Onion, Garlic, and Peppers in the Olive Oil for 2 minutes, stir in Red Pepper Flakes and Herbes de Provence, remove from heat and let cool in pan.
Step 3. Combine the cooled Pasta and the Onion mixture using a rubber spatula to get all of the oil from the pan into the Pasta. Add the Artichokes and Olives and stir to combine. Cover and refrigerate, preferably overnight, or at least until chilled throughout.
Step 4. Stir in Mayonnaise and adjust seasoning with Kosher Salt, cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
My family likes creamy pasta salads, but you can make this one without the mayonnaise if that’s your preference. You may want to add another tablespoon of olive oil to the salad as you’re combining all of the cooled ingredients.
Although not included in this salad, an antipasto usually includes some meats and cheeses. If you want to “beef” up this recipe try stirring in a ¼ pound of julienned pepperoni or salami and an equal amount of diced mozzarella just before serving.
You'll also love
- Grilled Chicken Cesar Pasta Salad 4.7/5 (31 Votes)
- Tuna and Bean Pasta Salad 4.5/5 (21 Votes)
- Pasta with Salmon cream sauce 4.1/5 (22 Votes)
- Oven baked pasta with... 3.9/5 (12 Votes)
- Garlic Bread Dip 3.8/5 (51 Votes)
- Cheesed Up Meat Loaf 3.5/5 (246 Votes)
- Patsy Gritz's Lasagna Toss 3.7/5 (25 Votes)
- Creamy Bell Pepper Pasta Salad 3.2/5 (14 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Do you put the pasta in without waiting for the water to boil? Add oil? Forget the salt?