Baby Food : Blueberry and Spinach (Purple Puree)
By Proud Mama
Packed into this perfectly purple puree are antioxidants, vitamins A, C and E, flavonoids, fiber , zinc and iron!
Appropriate for babies six to nine months
- 2 10oz packages of frozen spinach
- 1 1/2 cups of frozen blueberries
- 1/2 teaspoons of lemon (or lime) juice
- 2 tablespoons of water
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 2mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Place spinach into saucepan and cover with water
Let it boil, keep it covered and let it simmer for approximately seven minutes.
Drain the spinach
Puree the blueberries and spinach separately for about one minute, or until smooth texture is achieved
Now add both the pureed spinach and blueberries into the blender with the lime juice and the two tablespoons of water
Puree until smooth texture is achieve
Be careful to clean appliances and counters as you cook, as the blueberries tend to stain white countertops and appliances!
Add additional tablespoons of water to achieve a smoother texture
You'll also love
- Strawberry Rhubarb with a Hint of... 4.1/5 (158 Votes)
- Avocado, Broccoli, Edamame 4.9/5 (63 Votes)
- Carrots with Curry 5/5 (38 Votes)
- Baby Food: Apple and Oat Puree 4.8/5 (49 Votes)
- Spinach and ricotta cannelloni 2.8/5 (232 Votes)
- Berry Blue Freeze 4.5/5 (73 Votes)
- Glass Slipper/ Cinderella 4/5 (87 Votes)
- Carrots, Potatoes and Parsnip... 5/5 (3 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Bursting with cheese and wrapped up in bacon, these stuffed chicken breasts are totally irresistible!
- Chicken breast
- 6 -8 bacon slices
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- 1 small jar semi-dried tomatoes
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Carefully slice the chicken breasts, forming a pocket, without cutting right through.
- Fry the breasts until golden brown on both sides.
- Layer bacon slices on a chopping board.
- Place the chicken breast on the far left, and top with spinach leaves, semi-dried tomatoes and cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roll the chicken breast in the bacon slices, folding it closed as you go.
- Cook in the oven for 20 minutes at 375°F.
- Serve, and enjoy!