This is simply an unsweetened apple puree which can be used as a substitute for sugar and/or oil in many recipes, or eaten as it is. It freezes very well.
Rate this recipe 4.5/5 (28 Votes)
- 6 sweet apples (eg. Gala, Red Delicious or Fuji)
- 1 cup water
- 2 slices of lemon
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Chop the four sides off each apple and chop the large pieces in half.
Put the chopped apple in a medium pot with the water and slices of lemon.
Bring to the boil then drop the heat to low and cover.
Simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally so the apple cooks evenly.
Drain the apple and discard the lemon.
Puree in the pot with a hand blender.
You'll also love
- Apple berry Tofu 4.4/5 (28 Votes)
- Svieckova Sauce 4.3/5 (19 Votes)
- Strawberry Applesauce 4/5 (9 Votes)
- Rhubarb and Red Apple Puree 3.6/5 (112 Votes)
- baby apple sauce 4/5 (21 Votes)
Review this recipe