5 Unique Ways to Upcycle Plastic Bottles
We all want to do our part to help the planet. Recycling your used plastic bottles is just the first step. But did you know that there are so many ways you can repurpose those same bottles to use in your everyday?
Here are just a few ideas to give you some inspiration.
1. Cut the bottle down the middle using scissors or a craft knife. Then use a hot iron to heat the rim, which will smooth the edges.
Now you have a container to hold your pens, markers, brushes, and more! Feel free to decorate it however you please.
2. Don't toss the rest of the bottle just yet! Use the neck of the bottle and attach it to a plastic bag for storing ingredients such as rice, nuts, flour, etc. Uncap the neck, pull the opening through, then rescrew. This will create a convenient dispenser that's leak-proof and is 100 percent resealable!
3. Before you go out and buy dishware, consider this little craft: turn your water bottle into a mug! Use scissors to cut out the base of the bottle and a strip of plastic for the handle. Find more detailed instructions here.
4. Going on vacation but don't want your plants to die while you're away? Use a large plastic bottle to create a self-watering planter. Watch this cool video to see exactly how it's done!
5. You can also turn your plastic bottles into homemade sauce dispensers. Use it to store dressing, maple syrup, and more. Just heat the cap over a candle, then use a skewer to create a hole. This will also make a nozzle, making it great for pouring. Find out more in this video!
Like this article? Follow us on Facebook for more tips and tricks!
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
Do you put the pasta in without waiting for the water to boil? Add oil? Forget the salt?
Comment on this article