Green Jello Salad
This green jello salad is a holiday favorite in our family. The recipe was passed down by my late Grandma Lorretta.
- 1 large box green jello
- 6 oz cream cheese (softened)
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans or walnuts*
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 5mins
Cost Average budget
make jello as package suggest except reduce boiling water by 1 cup. stir boiling water and jello mix for the entire time suggested before adding cold water. let jello set over night for best results.
mix together cream cheese and heavy whipping cream in large bowl with hand mixer on low to start and increase to medium once cream cheese has become smooth. mix until mixture has thickened (should be fluffy and thick like mashed potatoes)
add jello and cream cheese/whipping cream mix together using hand mixer until all blended together smoothly. mix in nuts.
chill until time to serve
You'll also love
- Zucchini Omelet 2.9/5 (12 Votes)
- Pancake Blackberry Cobbler 2.9/5 (12 Votes)
- Pecan Balls 2.9/5 (12 Votes)
- Caramel nut slices 2.9/5 (12 Votes)
- Or-eo We Can Have Truffles! 2.9/5 (11 Votes)
- Pretzel Salad 2.9/5 (11 Votes)
- Dark Chocolate Raspberry Jellies 2.9/5 (10 Votes)
- Jiffy Rhubarb Dessert 2.9/5 (10 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Dive into summer with this fresh, light and healthy mango salad!
- 2 limes
- Olive oil
- Soy sauce
- Red onion, minced
- Lightly sautée the peanuts until golden.
- Take the carrots and cut into thin slices.
- Peel the mango and slice into thin strips.
- Squeeze the juice from 2 limes into a bowl, and add olive oil, soy sauce, minced onion, salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, toss together the mango, carrot, rocket, and lime-soy dressing.