Thick and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
Thick and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies. Discover our recipe.
- 2 cups plus 2 tablespoons (10 ounces) all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon
- 12 tablespoons (1½ sticks) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1½ cups semisweet chocolate chips
Level of difficulty Easy
Cost Average budget
Adjust an oven rack to the lower-middle position and heat the oven to 325 degrees. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper. Whisk the flour, baking soda, and salt together in a medium bowl.In a large bowl, beat the melted butter and sugars together with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth, 1 to 2 minutes. Beat in the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla until combined, about 30 seconds, scraping down the bowl and beaters as needed. Reduce the mixer speed to low and slowly add the flour mixture until combined, about 30 seconds. Mix in the chips until incorporated. Working with 2 tablespoons of dough at a time, roll the dough into balls and lay them on the prepared baking sheets, spaced about 2 inches apart. Bake the cookies, one sheet at a time, until the edges are set and beginning to brown but the centers are still soft and puffy, 15 to 20 minutes, rotating the baking sheet halfway through baking. Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes, then serve warm or transfer to a wire rack and let cool completely.
You'll also love
- Chocolate trail mix 4.4/5 (25 Votes)
- Fruit Crisp Topping 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Hanky Pankies 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Nia imani's truffles 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Crescent roll hot dog roll ups... 3.9/5 (47 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Chocolate Covered Strawberries 4/5 (22 Votes)
- French Riviera Torte 4/5 (21 Votes)
- White Chocolate Chip Cookies 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Try this clever trick to make the perfect zebra cake!
- 2 large water or soda bottles (empty)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Ready 2 large plastic bottles, cleaned and dried.
- Add 1 cup of flour to each bottle.
- Add 1/2 cup of sugar to each.
- Melt butter, then add equal halves to each bottle.
- Add 6 eggs, 3 in each.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of baking powder to each.
- Add 1/2 cup of heavy cream to each.
- Shake the bottles thoroughly until the contents are well mixed.
- In one of the bottles only, add the cocoa powder.
- Beginning with the cocoa powder mixture, add a dolop of batter to the center of a circular
- baking tin. Do the same with the other mixture, placing the dolop directly in the center of the previous one.
- Continue with alternating additions of each mixture until all batter is used and the tin is full.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!