Chocolate Recipe Contest
It is estimated the average American eats around 12 lbs of chocolate a year! The month of December was all about Chocolate! Melt it, bake it, eat it, love it! Check out the top 3 recipes!
We would like to say thanks to everyone who took part, and if you're feeling disheartened for not winning this time around, join in with this month's competition
- where we have more exciting prizes to win!
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for something indulgent? These velvety chocolate beetroot cakes will hit the spot.
- 1.3 cups beetroot
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 4/5 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Melted dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Put the beetroot, eggs, oil and lemon juice in a food processor, and blend until smooth.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour and sugar.
- Add the blended beetroot mixture, and mix until smooth.
- Add the baking powder and mix until fully incorporated.
- Pour the batter into silicone cake moulds.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until you a pick comes out clean.
- Top with melted dark chocolate, and enjoy!