3 Game Of Thrones Dishes You Need To Make This Sunday
This Youtube chef shows you how to prepare a feast fit for a Khaleesi...
Winter is finally here. After a year's hiatus, Games of Thrones will return this Sunday, July 16th... and fans everywhere are buzzing with excitement.
One Youtube chef has decided to bring the medieval fantasy epic to life by cooking up a feast fit for a ravenous horde. In this 9-minute tutorial, Binging with Babish shows you how to cook up 3 Westerosi-inspired dishes:
- Purple Wedding Pudding Pie — Inspired by King Joffrey and Margaery Tyrell's wedding, which mixes wild boar, rabbit, pigeon and a heady combination of exotic spices.
- Dothroaki Blood Pie — Perfect for celebrating after a raid, this dish is made with pig's blood and garnished with figs and goat cheese.
- Lemon Cakes — Sansa's favorite, inspired by the refined tastes of Highgarden Castle.
Love this? Follow us on Facebook for more awesome food stuff!
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
Check out our delicious spin on the classic Brazilian cake, with Fererro Rochers and Kit-Kat!
For the batter:
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup of cocoa powder
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons neutral oil
- 1 cup of of natural yogurt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
For the frosting:
- 2 cups chocolate chunks
- 3 cans of condensed milk
- 2 and 1/2 cups thickened cream
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- In a pan, melt together the condensed milk, the chocolates in pieces and the butter. Slowly fold in the thickened cream. Mix, without stopping, until it is smooth and thick.
- Transfer to the refrigerator and allow to cool for 1 hour.
- In a bowl, mix together the eggs and sugar. Add the oil and mix again.
- In another bowl mix together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and the bicarbonate soda. Pour in the egg mixture, mix together, then add the yogurt.
Grease and sprinkle cocoa powder inside two springform pans. Divide the batter mixture between them, then bake at 360°F for approximately 20 minutes.
- Remove the cakes from the oven, and allow to cool.
- Spread some of the frosting between the layers of the cake, and generously spread around the outside.
- Decorate the cake with Kit Kats, extra frosting and Fererro Rochers, in your style!
For more food buzz and delightful recipes, follow us on Facebook!