diy Sriracha Recipe
- 2 kg / 4lb red chilies
- 5 tbsp sea salt.
- 250g / 2 cups fresh whole garlic.
- 10-15 tbsp sugar (brown, cane or white, your preference).
- 1-2 tbsp of fish sauce (optional)
1. Rinse the chiles, remove the seeds and cut them in half. Put them into a food processor with the salt and garlic, and blitz until well mixed.
2. Pour this mixture into a jar with airtight seal, add the fish sauce if you wish, cover and let it stand at room temperature in a cool, dry and dark place for at least 15 days (the more time you leave, stronger it will be).
3. Once the sauce has fermented, pass it through a sieve into a pot. Add the sugar and bring it to the boil for 1 to 2 minutes (no longer)
4. Your Sriracha is ready! Kept in the fridge, it will stay good for up to a year.
Use your delicious sauce for these honey garlic buffalo wings, or try out some of these smoking hot recipes!
If you liked this recipe, don't forget to share it with your friends!