What To Do With Leftover Bread Crust
How many times have thrown away unwanted bread crust? Turns out you're wasting the best part! Here are a few creative, money-saving ways to use up all of your sandwich castoffs.
From crispy chicken to baked mac and cheese, many recipes call for bread crumbs — but you never seem to have any in the kitchen! Kill two birds with one stone by turning your leftover crust into useful bread crumbs. Here's how you do it:
- Cut the crust off the bread, then chop into small cubes
- Preheat the oven to 250 °F
- Drizzle olive oil onto a baking tray before adding the bread crust and putting in the oven to roast
- Let bake for 10 minutes, then take the tray out of the oven
- Grate the now dried crust to make the bread crust
- Optional: season with garlic, parsley, or other spices to give it extra flavor
- Freeze or store in the freezer to preserve
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
Making oat milk yourself is quick and easy! Tip: use the leftover oatmeal to conjure up a wonderfully nutritious breakfast or simply bake it.