Discover the many benefits of Jasmine Pearls Green Tea
Is drinking a cup of tea something you do without thinking? Or is it a special moment, filled with pleasure and ritual? If it's not the latter, it should be.
To drink a good cup of tea is to undertake a rich sensory experience, to travel through a world of flavors and aroma. Royal Tips Tea brand has distinguished itself through its superior quality, the freshness of its leaves and its unsurpassed selection of unusual teas that can surprise both the most demanding connoisseur and the novice tea drinker.
Gourmandize's editorial staff has selected their favorites from the Royal Tips Tea collection, and among the winners was the Jasmine Pearls Green Tea. Made with green tea leaves of the highest quality, these pearls are subtly flavored with natural jasmine flowers, resulting in a delicate, delicious and totally charming brew.
To make the pearls, the tea leaves must be picked in Spring, when they are young and fresh. Both the top bud and stem are picked. They are then dried in bamboo trays, either in the sun or at low temperatures, to make them more flexible and easier to wind. When they have reached the desired flexibility, the bud and stem are rolled between the thumb and forefinger to give them the pearl shape, a process that requires a lot of skill and attention to detail. Finally, the leaves are infused with jasmine aroma, which gives them their characteristic sweet, delicate and sophisticated fragrance.
To prepare the tea, heat the water to a temperature between 70°C/160°F and 75°C/170°F and let the leaves infuse for 2 to 3 minutes. Watch as the pearls gradually unwind and open, it's a beautiful process! The result is a green tea with floral aromas and a soft golden color. However, this tea is much more than just an attractive looking drink with a nice smell, it also offers numerous health benefits:
- Relaxing properties, relieves stress and tension: the combination of the soothing effect of green tea with jasmine scent is a powerful remedy to fight anxiety and stress. It can also relieve muscle aches and headaches, as well as soothe the senses and regulate tension.
- Decreases cancer risk: thanks to its high content of antioxidants, green tea fights free radicals that accelerate aging and may fight the development of cancer.
- Reduces cholesterol: This type of tea has been shown to lower cholesterol and unhealthy fats in the body, which in turn reduces the risk of developing cardiovascular and cerebrovascular diseases.
- Helps prevent colds and flu: Due to its antibacterial and antiviral qualities, drinking or gargling green tea can help to prevent these diseases and lead to more rapid recovery.
- Helps with weight loss: Green tea may help with burning fat, and in conjunction with a healthy diet, can help in the maintenance of a healthy weight for a longer period of time.
- Promotes circulation: Jasmine Pearls Green Tea promotes blood circulation, prevents clot formation and reduces the risk of brain damage, hypertension and cerebrovascular problems.
- Regulates sugar levels and insulin production: In addition to its other benefits, drinking this type of tea also helps regulate the body's sugar and insulin levels, which lowers the risk of diabetes.
This unusual tea truly is a delight for the senses, and we highly recommend it. Whether you enjoy it as a relaxing treat during your day or drink it for its many health benefits, it's hard to stop at just one cup!
Visit the Royal Tips Tea page to discover the best teas around and experience the feeling of well being that only a good cup of tea can offer.