30 Twists On Grilled Cheese Sandwiches That Will Make You Melt
By Anna Hartley, 04/26/2018
1/30 View slideshow
© Creme de la Crumb
French Onion Grilled Cheese
Caramelized onions and a dipping gravy take this French onion grilled cheese to a whole new level. Get the recipe here.
More steaming articles
How do pineapples and 8 other fruits... Baking 101: the 10 basics everyone... 50 ways to eat asparagus for breakfast,...
Chef Tips and Tricks
VIDEO: Baked French Croque Monsieurs
Enjoy these super easy, cheesy, dumpling-style croque monsieurs!
- 4 slices of bread
- 4 slices of ham
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- Mozzarella cheese
- Egg yolk
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- On a large piece of plastic wrap, press one slice of bread flat with a rolling pin.
- Add one slice of ham, cherry tomatoes, and mozzarella cheese.
- Take the four corners of the bread, pull them in towards the center, pinch them together so that the bread maintains the shape.
- Envelope the bread in the plastic wrap. Gather and twist the ends on top to seal the sandwich dumpling.
- Repeat this step with the other slices of bread.
- Remove the bread balls from the fridge and roll each one in flour, then egg yolk, then breadcrumbs.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Serve alone or with dipping sauces of your choice.