What Your Cravings Are Telling You
Here's a list of cravings, what they mean and what you can do to get rid of them so that the next time you have a gut-wrenching craving, you'll know what to do!
© Getty Images
There are several reasons you'd want to eat a whole bag of chips in one sitting. The first, maybe you're not even hungry at all. Salt is linked tightly to water, as it is what your body uses to retain water, so it can mean you're dehydrated. Or the craving might come from the appeal of biting down on something, which is a soothing feeling when stressed. Worst-case scenario, it could be an addiction.
Firstly, try drinking a glass of water. If it doesn't go away after that, you can move on to the food. If it's crunch your body is wanting, go for carrots, celery, apples, or almonds. Otherwise, try eating cabbage, collards, broccoli, seeds and sardines.
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.