America's Most Famous Pizzerias
Check out our selection of legendary pizzerias across the States!
© Getty Images
Pizza - An American Obsession
It might be hard to believe, but Americans' obsession with pizza didn't actually start until less than a century ago. While the concept was first imported from Italy in the early 1900's, this global comfort food didn't start to achieve widespread popularity until September 1944 following a New York Times piece about pizza in Southern Italy. Fast forward to modern times, and 13% of the American population over the age of 2 consumes pizza on any given day.
Here, we take a look at the most famous pizzerias across the country.
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
We are definitely making these Easy Cheesy Mini Pizzas for our next party!
- Pizza Dough (homemade or store bought)
- Shredded cheese
- Pizza sauce
- Cured ham, shredded
- 4 eggs
- Cherry tomatoes
- Fresh basil
- Roll out the dough
- Use a small bowl to cut the dough into rounds
- Add shredded cheese
- Place in oven on an oven tray afr 10 min at 355°F
- Put each dough round into a ramekin
- Add 1 tbsp pizza sauce, a handful of shredded cured ham
- Break an egg into each pizza
- Top with sliced cherry tomatoes and a basil leaf
- Place in oven for another 15 mins at 355°F
- Garnish with parsley and a pinch of pepper
- Serve and enjoy!