Check Out the Most Unique Farmers Markets Across the USA
These farmers markets are thinking outside of the box.
© Getty Images
Unique Farmers Markets
As the push for fresh local food grows stronger across the US, farmers markets in many communities are growing in size. There's something special about wandering the stalls and encountering seasonal produce, baked goods, and more.
While your local market has a plethora of amazing vendors that you should support regularly, you might want to check out these amazing markets when you get the chance!
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!