The Easy Guide to Apple Picking for Fall
Know what you're getting when you go apple picking!
© Getty Images
With thousands of varieties growing all over the world, apples are always in season. In the fall, however, most of us get a taste for apple-centric recipes. But with sweet, tart, hard and soft apples available at the market, how do you know which apples to choose?
Thanks to this guide, you'll be able to make pies, sauce, and chips galore without fear.
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
This French tarte tatin is golden, caramelized apple perfection!
- 1 puff pastry
- 6 apples, sliced
- 3 oz. chilled butter, chopped into chunks
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Roll out a puff pastry.
- Lay out the apple slices in a pan.
- Add chunks of butter on top of the apples.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar on top.
- Cook for 20 minutes in oven at 350°F, to caramelize the apples.
- Place puff pastry on top of the caramelized apples.
- Cook for 15 minutes at 350°F.