Old-Fashioned Diner Foods We Still Love Today
Diner food is an iconic restaurant cuisine in American culture. Do you still remember the taste of chocolate milkshakes and corned beef hash? These old school recipes will take you back!
© Grandbaby Cakes
Chicken Fried Steak
Despite what its name suggests, chicken fried steak is actually made with cube steak, which is a cut of beef (most often tenderized top round or top sirloin). Battered and fried, it's delicious when smothered in creamy gravy and is also known as "country fried steak" in some regions of the US. Get the recipe here.
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
These tasty stuffed cabbage rolls are so easy!
- 1 onion
- 5 - 6 thick rashers bacon
- 1/2 lb sausage meat
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 2 bell peppers, diced
- 1 cabbage head
- Fry the bacon in a skillet, then add onion, and meat.
- Add tomato paste, bell peppers, garlic and salt, and simmer till cooked through
- Boil 1 whole cabbage head in salted water till tender
- Spoon mixture into individual cabbage leaves, and fold carefully to form little rolls
- Serve with any remaining mixture