Instant coffee recipes - 2 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
VIDEO: Spanish Empanadas
These Spanish empanadas are little hot pockets of delicious!
- 2.25 Cups of flour
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 3 Tsp. of lard
- 1/5 Cup of warm water
- 5 Tsp. of olive oil
- 1 Onion, minced
- 1/2 pound of ground beef
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 1 Tsp. of chili powder
- 1 Tsp. of cumin
- 2 Garlic cloves, diced
- 1 Can of diced tomatoes
- In a bowl, combine the flour, beaten egg, lard, warm water, and olive oil, and mix thoroughly.
- In a hot pan, pour a little olive oil and sautée the onions, until tender. Add the ground beef, salt, pepper, chili powder, cumin, garlic and diced tomatoes. Cook until beef is no longer pink, and the flavors have incorporated well.
- Roll out the empanada dough, and cut out circles with a ramekin.
- Cover a baking tray with a piece of parchment paper, and place the dough circles on top.
- Fill with meat mixture, fold in half and press with the edge of a fork. Brush with egg yolk to glaze.
- Cook at 350°F for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden.
- Remove from oven... and enjoy!
Top rated Instant coffee recipes
Drinks- Iced Cappuccino
Mix first 3 ingredients together to make a syrup, put into blender
- can be made with regular coffee or decaf:
- 2 oz. boiling water
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee
- 2 heaping tablespoons sugar (or sugar substitute Equal)
- 4-6 ice cubes
- 1/3 cup 15% cream. (or chocolate milk...or regular milk)
Combine all ingredients and mix well
- 1 and a half cups hot cocoa mix
- 1 and a half cups instant coffee
- 2 cups non dairy creamer
- 1 and a half cups sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 and a half tsp nutmeg