Our best Italian pizza recipes - 3 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
These baked Cheesy Eggplant Hedgehogs are totally adorable, tasty and really easy to make!
- 3 large eggplants
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cup shredded cheese
- Mix the olive oil, chopped basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Carefully slice the eggplant on it's side in a cross-hatch pattern, without cutting all the way through.
- Lay the eggplants inside an oven-safe baking tray.
- Pour the oil mixture over the eggplants, taking care to pour between the slices.
- Stuff the gaps in the eggplant with shredded cheese.
- Cook in the oven at 355°F for 45 minutes, until the flesh is cooked and the cheese totally melted.
- Serve and enjoy!
Top rated Italian pizza recipes
By Yulia2003, Vk.com
Preparation method: Put the flour into a bowl, add yeast and salt and stir it together
- For the base:300 g flour, 1tsp instant yeast, 1 tsp salt, 1 tbsp oil
- For the sauce: 100 ml tomato sauce, 1 handful of basil (fresh) or 1 tsp dried, 1 garlic clove
- For the topping: 125 g ball mazarella, handful grated parmesan, handful tomatoes cherry, handful basil leaves (if you like it)
8 brilliant hacks to make pizza without the dough
By Pascale Weeks
Got plenty of pizza toppings but no dough? Relax as we show you 8 ways to make crazy original pizzas with no dough necessary.
healthy summer grilled italian margherita pizza!
By european cutie, European Cutie
Here is a great sunday italian dinner, healthy whole wheat pizza recipe for a great summer dinner! Fire up the g...
- FOR THE CRUST
- 4 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour (I used a combination of freshly ground hard white winter wheat and barley ground slightly finer than bread flour + 1/4 cup gluten flour)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar (I used date sugar)
- 1 teaspoon yeast
- 1 3/4 cups water with 3 tablespoons of whey from yogurt or raw milk making up the total liquid (the whey is optional)
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil (not necessary but this helps tenderize the dough so it’s soft inside yet crunchy on the bottom)
- 5 cups cherry tomatoes
- 16 oz fresh mozzarella
- extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 oz fresh basil
Savory Pesto Parmesan Pull-Apart Bread
By Pascale Weeks
Balls of Pizza dough rolled in melted butter and Parmesan, then baked with Pesto and more Parmesan?! Yes please!
Preheat oven to 425°F /220°C
- 1)1 individual store-bought pizza crust
- 2)1 plum tomato, seeded and roughly chopped
- 3)1 clove garlic, chopped
- 4)2 tbsp (30mL) fresh basil, roughly chopped
- 5)Salt & Pepper
- 6)1/4 cup (60mL) Canadian Provolone, grated
- 7)1 1/2 oz (45g) fresh Canadian Mozzarella, sliced
- 8)2 tbsp (30mL) shaves of Canadian Parmesan