Chef Tips and Tricks
- 150g / 3/4 cup sugar
- 150g / 2/3 cup softened butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp fresh yeast
- 180g / 1 1/2 cups flour
- 190g / 1 1/2 cups chocolate, melted
- 4 pears
- Combine sugar, butter and eggs in bowl. Mix well.
- Add fresh yeast and flour and mix through.
- Pour in melted chocolate and fold into mixture.
- Peel 4 pears (or as many comfortably fit in your baking pan)
- Pour chocolate mixture into lined or greased baking loaf pan.
- Evenly space the pears in the pan, sitting upright.
- Bake at 350°F / 180°C for 35 minutes.
- Drizzle with more melted chocolate, and serve.
Psssst... check out all our chocolate covered recipes, here!
Top rated Plum recipes
Plum Berry Cobbler
Plum Berry Cobbler. Discover our recipe
- 1 small plum
- Approx 25 blueberries
- Handful of honey nut Cheerios.
How To Make an Apricot Pie Step By Step
Summertime is the season of apricots — and the perfect time to bake a delicious apricot pie! Follow this step-by-step recipe to learn how.
Reduce the vinegar with shallots, plum, and scant 1/2 cup of water
- 1 3/4 lb perch fillets with skin
- 16 plums
- 1/2 cup of vinegar with honey
- 2/3 cup butter
- 3.5 oz (around 1 cup) of chopped shallots
- scant 1/2 cup of cream
- 1 egg
25 Mouthwatering Peach Recipes To Make Before Summer's Over
Peachy keen to get the most out of the summer fruit season? Get inspired with these 25 Fresh Peach recipes...
Mom's Boozy Plum Pudding with Hard Sauce
Pudding: Prepare bread crumbs, fruits and nuts; dust with a small amount of flour
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 cup seedless raisins
- 1 cup currants
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 1/2 cup chopped citron peel
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 1 cup milk
- Brown Sauce:
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 tbsp or more brandy
- fresh grated nutmeg
- Hard Sauce:
- ½ cup slightly softened butter
- 1 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 1 to 2 tbsp brandy or rum
- 1 egg yolk beaten well
- Pinch nutmeg