Chef Tips and Tricks
These mini cherry pies are so cute, we could eat them right up!
- Apricot, diced
- Apple, diced
- Almond Flakes
- White sugar
- Brown sugar
- Baking powder
- Egg Yolk
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Roll out some dough, and then use a cup or a cookie cutter to cut the dough into circles.
- Place each circle into the cavities of a silicone muffin mould (or greased tin), and press into the bottom and along the sides.
- Pit the cherries, and throw into a pot.
- Add sugar, baking powder, and water, and simmer until it thickens to a saucy consistency.
- Use a spoon to fill each pie to 2/3 to the top.
- Optional: for a bit of variety, you can also fill the pies with apricots + brown sugar + butter, or apples + brown sugar + almond flakes.
- For the lattice crust: use a pizza slicer to cut out thin strips of dough, then lace together to form a lattice.
- Use a cup to cut the lattice into circles, then gently place on top of the uncooked pies.
- Brush with egg yolk and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake the pies at 350° F for 25 minutes, or until golden.
- Let cool for 15 minutes, then gently lift the pies out with the edge of a knife.
Top rated Plum recipes
Plum Berry Cobbler
Plum Berry Cobbler. Discover our recipe
- 1 small plum
- Approx 25 blueberries
- Handful of honey nut Cheerios.
How To Make an Apricot Pie Step By Step
Summertime is the season of apricots — and the perfect time to bake a delicious apricot pie! Follow this step-by-step recipe to learn how.
Reduce the vinegar with shallots, plum, and scant 1/2 cup of water
- 1 3/4 lb perch fillets with skin
- 16 plums,
- 1/2 cup of vinegar with honey,
- 2/3 cup butter
- 3.5 oz (around 1 cup) of chopped shallots,
- scant 1/2 cup of cream
- 1 egg
25 Mouthwatering Peach Recipes To Make Before Summer's Over
Peachy keen to get the most out of the summer fruit season? Get inspired with these 25 Fresh Peach recipes...
Mom's Boozy Plum Pudding with Hard Sauce
Pudding: Prepare bread crumbs, fruits and nuts; dust with a small amount of flour
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 cup seedless raisins
- 1 cup currants
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 1/2 cup chopped citron peel
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 1 cup milk
- Brown Sauce:
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 tbsp or more brandy
- fresh grated nutmeg
- Hard Sauce:
- ½ cup slightly softened butter
- 1 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 1 to 2 tbsp brandy or rum
- 1 egg yolk beaten well
- Pinch nutmeg