Stuffed tomatoes: a superb finger food
By Sonia , blog La Cassata Celiaca
- 8 small tomatoes
- 4 eggs
- 5-6 oz tuna in oil
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 8mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Cook the eggs in water for 8 minutes from the time of boiling. Shell and keep only the yolks.
Wash the tomatoes, remove the small upper cap and core with a teaspoon.
In a bowl mash yolks with a fork and mix with drained tuna.
Finally fill the tomatoes with this mixture and garnish with a parsley leaf and serve.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for an easy snack or party appetizer? These little beef pockets are a pinch!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, milk, and water in a pan, and mix until you form a dough.
- In a saucepan, heat a splash of olive oil and add the onion. Cook on medium-high until onion has softened.
- Add the ground beef, and add the salt, water, and tomato sauce. When the meat has browned, remove from heat.
- Dust a flat surface with flour, and roll out the dough into a flat sheet.
- Use a ramekin or cup to cut out circles.
- Add a dollop of beef-tomato mixture to the center of each circle.
- Pinch the dough into a little pocket.
- Bake in the oven at 350° F for 15 minutes.