Making mini foods for a wedding: our best ideas - 4 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
These Spanish empanadas are little hot pockets of delicious!
- 2.25 Cups of flour
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 3 Tsp. of lard
- 1/5 Cup of warm water
- 5 Tsp. of olive oil
- 1 Onion, minced
- 1/2 pound of ground beef
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 1 Tsp. of chili powder
- 1 Tsp. of cumin
- 2 Garlic cloves, diced
- 1 Can of diced tomatoes
- In a bowl, combine the flour, beaten egg, lard, warm water, and olive oil, and mix thoroughly.
- In a hot pan, pour a little olive oil and sautée the onions, until tender. Add the ground beef, salt, pepper, chili powder, cumin, garlic and diced tomatoes. Cook until beef is no longer pink, and the flavors have incorporated well.
- Roll out the empanada dough, and cut out circles with a ramekin.
- Cover a baking tray with a piece of parchment paper, and place the dough circles on top.
- Fill with meat mixture, fold in half and press with the edge of a fork. Brush with egg yolk to glaze.
- Cook at 350°F for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden.
- Remove from oven... and enjoy!
Top rated Mini foods for a wedding recipes
Small stuffed mushrooms (appetizers)
Peel the mushrooms and carefully remove the stems
- 8 oz fresh mushrooms
- Soft cheese with herbs
Fantastic finger food
Making munching easy
- 1 package 8 refrigerated crescent rolls
- 24 slices pepperoni
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cookie sheer
- 1 cup pizza sauce or marinara sauce
Butter Cream Icing (Wedding cupcakes)
Cream butter and crisco. Slowly incorporate ingredients
- 1/2 c softened butter
- 1/2 c crisco
- 1 lb conf sugar
- 2 TSP milk
- 1 tsp vanilla (clear)
Stuffed tomatoes: a superb finger food
By Sonia , blog La Cassata Celiaca
Cook the eggs in water for 8 minutes from the time of boiling
- 8 small tomatoes
- 4 eggs
- 5-6 oz tuna in oil