The best party starters - 5 recipes
If you like this, you'll definitely like: easy starters, canape, hors d'oeuvres, tapas, shrimp cocktail
Chef Tips and Tricks
These Spanish empanadas are little hot pockets of delicious!
- 2.25 Cups of flour
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 3 Tsp. of lard
- 1/5 Cup of warm water
- 5 Tsp. of olive oil
- 1 Onion, minced
- 1/2 pound of ground beef
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 1 Tsp. of chili powder
- 1 Tsp. of cumin
- 2 Garlic cloves, diced
- 1 Can of diced tomatoes
- In a bowl, combine the flour, beaten egg, lard, warm water, and olive oil, and mix thoroughly.
- In a hot pan, pour a little olive oil and sautée the onions, until tender. Add the ground beef, salt, pepper, chili powder, cumin, garlic and diced tomatoes. Cook until beef is no longer pink, and the flavors have incorporated well.
- Roll out the empanada dough, and cut out circles with a ramekin.
- Cover a baking tray with a piece of parchment paper, and place the dough circles on top.
- Fill with meat mixture, fold in half and press with the edge of a fork. Brush with egg yolk to glaze.
- Cook at 350°F for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden.
- Remove from oven... and enjoy!
Top rated Party starters recipes
Trio of appetizers
Get fancy for your next hosting gig! Discover our recipe
- 4 slices of smoked salmon
- 1 garlic and herb cheese
- Dill, lemon
- Tomato / goat
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 goat cheese
- 12 olives
- Salt, pepper, vinegar, olive oil
- Tomato / duck:
- 2 tomatoes
- 12 slices of smoked duck breast
- balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- A few basil leaves
PIZZA...in a CONE!
By Nadia Paprikas
Follow this step-by-step recipe to make these tasty pizza cones before your next game day or party night!
Small stuffed mushrooms (appetizers)
Peel the mushrooms and carefully remove the stems
- 8 oz fresh mushrooms
- Soft cheese with herbs
Potato Hacks: Tips For Perfect Potatoes Any Way You Like 'Em
Your potatoes will never be the same again, thanks to these 20 crispy, fried, loaded, baked and sauteed potato hacks!
Crab Stuffed Pepper Appetizers
By Mimm du blog Les Délices de Mimm
Dip the peppers in a pan of boiling water and cook about 15 minutes
- 6 mini-peppers
- 3-4 ounces of cooked crabmeat
- 1 hard boiled egg
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp chopped herbs (chives, parsley, ...)
Crunchy Tapenade Appetizers
By Instant craquant
Mix the olives, anchovy fillets, capers and garlic
- 1 package of large white corn tortilla chips
- Some cherry tomatoes
- 2 oz pitted black olives
- 2 oz anchovy fillets (desalted)
- 2 oz capers
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Salt and pepper
30 Last-Minute Recipes That Will Save Thanksgiving
Whether you have no time to prep or just totally forgot, these last-minute recipes will guarantee Thanksgiving is a success!
Ham and goat cheese appetizers
Spread out pastry on your work surface
- 1 puff pastry
- 1 log of goat cheese
- sour cream
- 6 slices of smoked ham
- 1 egg
Any burning questions? Our chefs answer!