Rate this recipe 4.6/5 (23 Votes)
- 4 lbs endive
- 2 tsp veal
- 1 cup water
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 60mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Cut the endive in half lengthwise and remove the heart.
In a skillet, add the tablespoon of olive oil. Add endive, place flat side down.
Sauté over medium heat, turning every 5 minutes.
Once the endives are tender, add water and veal broth. Mix well.
Add salt and pepper, and simmer 45 minutes by adding water from time to time. Do not let endive stick to skillet.
You'll also love
- Situ's Bathroom Mac and Cheese 4.3/5 (70 Votes)
- Healthy Red Onion and Broccoli... 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Strawberry goo 4.4/5 (31 Votes)
- Scallops in filo 4.6/5 (13 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
VIDEO: Smashed "Jackson Pollock" Potatoes
Let your artistic side out with these easy Pollock-inspired smashed potatoes!
- Boil the desired amount of small potatoes until tender.
- Spread on a lined baking tray, flatten slightly using a cup or jar. Don't over-flatten them!
- Sprinkle liberally with shredded cheese and Parmesan.
- Top with bacon slices approximately the same size as the potatoes.
- Drizzle liberally with balsamic vinegar.
- Place in oven, under the grill for 15 min at 375°F until the cheese is melted and the bacon is crispy.
Review this recipe