Bourbon Cupcakes filled with Ganache
- For the cake:
- Cupcake liners
- 1 package (18.25 oz) plain yellow cake
- 5 TBS Bourbon
- 4 oz reduced fat cream cheese
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tsp Bourbon Vanilla Extract
- 4 large eggs
- Bourbon Ganache:
- 1 cup + 2 TBS heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 Bourbon
- 12 oz semi sweet mini chocolate chips
- Whipped Cream:
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp Bourbon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup confectioner's sugar
- Bourbon Smoked Sugar
- Chocolate toffee
- Click this link to explore all of Bourbon Barrel Food's exciting products: Bourbon Barrel Foods
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 40mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 325 and fill cups with liners. Place the cake mix, cream cheese, bourbon, water, oil, Bourbon Vanilla Extract, and eggs in a large mixing bowl and beat with an electric mixer on low speed until the ingredients are incorporated, 30 seconds. Stop the machine and scrape down the side of the bowl with a rubber spatula. Increase the mixer speed to medium and beat until the batter is smooth, 2 minutes. Divide the cake batter evenly between the pans.
Bake the cupcakes until they are golden brown and the tops spring back, 17-20 minutes. Let the cupcakes cool for 10 minutes. Cut out a hole in the top of each cupcake.
Meanwhile, prepare your ganache filling. In a medium sauce pan, heat heavy cream, bourbon, and chips until everything is well combined. Continue to stir on low for 3 minutes.
Fill each cupcake with ganache filling and let sit.
Prepare whipped cream. With an electric mixer, blend together cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla. Fill a piping bag or sandwich bag with your whipped cream and pipe whipped cream onto each cupcake. Top each cupcake with chocolate toffee and Bourbon sugar.
You'll also love
- Berry Blue Freeze 4.5/5 (76 Votes)
- Cinnamon Toast, the Pioneer Woman... 4.4/5 (84 Votes)
- better than sex chicken 4.6/5 (65 Votes)
- Cilantro Fish 3.2/5 (175 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Dark chocolate fudge brownies with... 4.4/5 (77 Votes)
- Sorghum Fried Cornbread 2.8/5 (180 Votes)
- Ganache Brownies 3.3/5 (24 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.